Sunday, March 2, 2008

whats up dawg?


Many of you cant believe that we got a dog . . . . honestly, neither can we. Here is the Readers Digest condensed version of how the Finlinson children dreams came true. (we suggest you grab a box of tissues it's an extremely heart warming story.)

A couple weeks ago my dad came home telling us that our neighbors were moving and had offered to give us their dog. When Eli and Joel heard that we could possibly get a new puppy they were ecstatic! My dad quickly crushed their hopes by telling them "your mom agrees with me, we are NEVER getting a dog for this family". . . .He soon found out that my mom did not agree with him. She said "we need a dog for our family" We found out that the old saying is true. If mama ain't happy, no one is happy. Well you know how the story ended, we got Logan a four year old cocker spaniel, who is the perfect dog for us! (Ethan and I can now say we are professional pooper scooper's, not exactly what we have always aspired for, but hey at least we are pro at something!)

4 comments:

edfinfam said...

Never bring up any conversations about potential pets. I have always felt like this whole world was going to the dogs, and know it has become a reality in my worl.

One of my worst pet peeves was when other people let thier pet peeve in my yard. Now I have a pet the peeving all over my yard.

This is a message of warning to all humans on planet earth. Dogs are really evil aliens that are brainwarshing our childrens minds. Soon they will have us on the leashes, taking us for an occassional walk, and only feeding ud one type of food...don't let this happen to you!

Mom Fin said...

I don't know Logan is a pretty cute dawg! The main thing he has going for him is that he is named Logan, and not Provo, or he really would be on the outs!
Doug you are awesome to give up so much for your children! What a great dad! You kids better realize that.

Tarali said...

J-Dawg
E-Dawg
E-Dawg
B-Dawg

You just better love that L-Dawg to pieces and thank your D-Dawg a whole bunch!

Love,
T-Dawg

Angie said...

I don't know. I still can't believe it. Is this just some weird nightmare?!?